PHONE: 03 9372 0096 EMAIL:

Visa Information

For visa applicants currently in Australia please see the following information on possible visa options:


Subclass 820 (Temporary Residence) / Subclass 801 (Permanent Residence) Partner Visa

If you are already in Australia and are either married or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen, permanent resident (or eligible NZ citizen) you may be eligible to apply for this visa. You must  be in Australia when the visa is granted.

(De Facto Partners – Usually de facto relationships must have existed for at least 12 months immediately prior to the application being made.)

The onshore Partner Visa application is a two-stage process.

Once the Subclass 820 Visa application is lodged you will be allowed to remain in Australia (usually with work rights) until such time as the application is decided. If the visa is granted you will then be able to remain for a further two years on a temporary residence visa. At the end of that period and provided you are still in a genuine relationship with your sponsor then you will be granted permanent residence.

Please note that these are two distinct steps and a formal application process applies at each stage and attracts separate Australian Government Visa Application Charges (VACs).

Please contact us for more information on Partner Visa options.

We  offer specialised advice and assistance with other family visas such as:

Child Visas (including Adoption and Orphaned Relative situations)

You are able to sponsor your child if you are an Australian citizen, permanent resident (or eligible NZ citizen).

The child (biological or legally adopted) can be either in Australia or overseas. In most cases the child must be under the age of 18, fully dependent on you and not married or engaged to be married.

It is sometimes possible for a relative (brother, sister, grandparent, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew of step equivalent) to be able to sponsor a Orphaned Relative child who is under 18, single and not engaged to be married, who is unable to be cared for by their parents because they are both deceased, missing or permanently incapacitated.

Please contact us for more information on Child Visa options.

Parent Visa

Parents of an Australian citizen, permanent resident (or eligible NZ citizen) may be eligible for either temporary or permanent residence in Australia if:

  • Their child has been living in Australia as a permanent resident or Australian citizen for two years of more,
  • That child sponsors them,
  • They meet the Balance of Family Test criteria, and
  • They can meet health and character requirements.

The Government has also just announced that a new Temporary Sponsored Parent Visa will be introduced in November 2017. This visa will allow the temporary stay of sponsored parents for periods of 3 to 5 years and may be renewed up to a total of 10 years.

Please contact us for more information on Parent Visa options.

Other Family Visa Options

There are also a number of other Family Visa options that might be available to you if you are a relative of an Australian citizen, permanent resident (or eligible NZ citizen) such as Aged Dependent Relative, Remaining Relative and Carer Visas.

Please contact us for more information on other Family Visa options.


Subclass 457 – Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa

The primary temporary visa that allows a person to work in Australia is the Subclass 457 Temporary Work (Skilled) visa.

The Government announced on 19 April 2017 that the 457 visa will be abolished in March 2018 and replaced with a new temporary employment visa called the temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) Visa. Further information about the new TSS visa can be found in our Blog.

However, in the meantime the 457 visa will continue to be available.

This visa allows skilled workers from overseas to be employed by Australian businesses who are unable to obtain those skills within the existing Australian workforce.

This visa allows for up to 4 years temporary stay in Australia.

The 457 application is a 3 stage process.

The first stage is that the proposed Australian Employer must be an  ‘approved business sponsor”. Reeves Valentine Immigration can work with businesses in lodging the appropriate sponsorship application.

After the business holds approved sponsor status they can then ‘nominate’ the specific skilled position within their business that they wish to fill with an overseas worker and the particular overseas worker they wish to employ. There are a number of specific criteria that this ‘nomination’ needs to meet, such as:

  • The proposed salary meeting the legislative minimum
  • The position be assessed as skilled and appear on either the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or the Short-term Skilled Occupations List (STSOL)
  • Labour Market testing (if required)
  • The proposed employee has the required work experience and skills to meet the needs of the position
  • The proposed employee has the requisite English language ability

Once again we, at Reeves Valentine Immigration, can assist businesses in lodging a valid nomination.

The final stage once the nomination has been approved is the actual visa application.

Please contact us for more information on Temporary Employment Visa options.


We can assist you in the full range of Investment and Business Innovation migration options such as:

Significant Investor Visa

This visa provides investors and entrepreneurs with a very simple pathway to obtaining permanent residence in Australia.

It is specifically focused on successful business persons who are prepared to make an investment in Australia of at least AUD$5 million.

The Significant Investor visa offers;

  • No age restriction
  • Reduced English requirements which can be bypassed by payment of additional visa application fees to the Government
  • Reduced need to only remain in Australia for 160 days over a 4 year period
  • No requirement to meet the usual Business Innovation or Investment points test.

Business Innovation Visas

There are a number of visa streams in this category, they include:

  • Business Innovation stream for those persons who want to own and mange a new or existing business in Australia
  • Investor stream for those persons who make a designated investment of at least AUD$1.5 Million in an Australian State or Territory
  • Business Talent visa for those persons with a significant business history and significant assets who want to have a major management role in a new or existing Australian business

Please contact us for more information on Significant Investor or Business Innovation Visa options.